More From Blue Janes Collection

More From Blue Janes Collection
Raggedy Rachel

Saturday, September 1, 2012

DIY Small Denim Bags

After making over 1,000 bags from denim blue jeans and selling them to raise money for Relay for Life and other charities and missions, I am now also making mini bags from the legs of the desinger jeans. There are so many jeans which have embellishment on the legs that I wanted to come up with a way to use those legs of the jeans. I will cut off the leg of the jean and make a hem on the top. I will hem the bottom of the jean either by just stitching the bottom of the jean or turn the leg inside out and making a seam along the bottom edge. You can do either way to have a clean finish. I then cut a long piece 2 inches wide by however long you want the strap to be. I will turn the edges inside to meet in the center and then fold them together to make about a 1/2 inch wide strap. You just sew along the edges to finish the strap. You can then insert the strap about an inch inside the top of the bag and zig zag up and down to secure the strap. You do the same on the other side and you have a completed bags! Below are some examples of the bags I have made. You can find jeans at thrift stores if you like. This is a great way to recyle jeans. I want to encourage you to try this for yourself, but if you do not want to, you can purchase bags from me by checking out my website at www.bluejanes.
org">ww.bluejanes.org to find information about ordering. I usually charge $5 to $12 per bag depending on the design and size. All money from the sales goes to charities listed on the website.
Have fun creating a unique bag for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment